Building a community of women leaders and influencers in the Leduc region through mentoring and connections.
- Develop a sponsorship network where women support women in growing their businesses, careers and community
- Develop a mentorship network for women in the region to partner with a female leader in their field to sponsor their growth.
- Develop networking opportunities for women that engage women in developing their skills, building up other women, and creating a strong network of support across the region.
Areas that the group will focus on are:
- Education events
- Networking events
- Mentorship programs
- Cross-industry programming
- Cross-cultural programming and immigrant women
- Women’s Youth Initiatives
- Women’s participation in community and political leadership
Breaking Barriers Conference presented by Leduc’s Leading Women
March 7, 2019 | Royal Executive Inn | Leduc, AB
We invite you to join us for a day of learning and networking with regional businesswomen.
Share Your Story
Inspiration can come from anywhere – we want to hear your story! Share your successes, your struggles, what you had to overcome, your challenges and anything else you’ve encountered in your journey.
Mentorship Network Program
Our goal is to support and grow a network where women can lead and support each other in growing their businesses, careers, and/or public leadership through one-on-one mentoring relationships. Mentors will provide support to accelerate and publicly advocate for their mentee in their career, providing the mentee with tools to set and meet goals for future career growth, advancement and success as defined by the mentee.
This program is for women in business in non-traditional industries, such as energy, financial services, public administration leadership positions, elected officials, community leaders, charity/non-profit leaders, and more.
If you are interested in mentoring or being mentored, click here to register.
Committee Members (click for their bio):
- Christina Forth, FFAF Cargo – Chair
- Dawn Macdougall, Next Level Consulting – Vice Chair
- Amber Cook, Next Level Consulting
- Courtney Alexandruk, Inkubate Packaging
- Florence Murota, Brighter Financial Solutions
- Kristina Dembinski, Sagewood Communications
- Lynette Hayden, ATB Financial
- Nancy Laing, Leduc Regional Housing Foundation
- Sam Nguyen, Parent-Leadership Coach
- Kathryn Hotte, Hotte Training
- Sandra McIntosh, Leduc-Nisku EDA
- Barbara Englebart-McKenzie, Leduc-Nisku EDA
- Kendall Franklin, Leduc-Nisku EDA